At Bond we’re reinventing pet nutrition, making dog and cat foods sourced from real animal protein, without the animal, to address the challenges attached to meat production including animal welfare, pathogen contamination, food security and sustainability. Using some of the same principles and processes that are employed in craft brewing and cheese (rennet) manufacture, we grow high-quality animal proteins through fermentation, harvest them to better meet the nutrition requirements of companion animals, and use the ingredients as the foundation of our complete recipes.
We’re working with the best of nature and science to bring five-star pet nutrition to the world. If our dedication to animals and our passion for discovery (whilst wearing a Colorado knit) gives you the feels, we’d love to hear from you.
Bond’s part-time Fermentation Scientist will have hands-on experience with benchtop bioreactors (1-5 L scale) and recombinant protein expression and play a central role in fermentation optimization and process development. Additional responsibilities include determining metabolites and analyzing fermentation performance. The work will be part-time (15-20 hours week). If desired by both parties, the position could transition to a full-time position with benefits after 6 months.
- Fermentation using bacterial, yeast, and fungi systems.
- Protein analytics including protein gel electrophoresis, protein quantification, ELISA, and Western Blot.
- Small molecule analytics, including operating a bioanalyzer.
- Running shake flasks, benchtop and pilot bioreactors and evaluating results.
- Write technical reports, summarize and present data internally within a multidisciplinary team environment.
- Analyze and interpret data and maintain an accurate, comprehensible, current laboratory journal.
- Communicate results in written and oral presentations.
- Write procedures and technical reports.
- BS in Biotechnology, Microbiology, Biology, Biochemistry, Bioengineering or related discipline.
- 3 years working experience in the biotech industry or academic lab preferred.
- Experience in fermentation/propagation of single-cell organisms using bioreactors.
- Familiar with analytical procedures (HPLC/GC/YSI/enzyme-based bioanalyzers) is a plus.
- Innovative and critical thinking.
- Motivated and strong team player with a high degree of independence.
- Excellent communication, time management and organizational skills.
- Self-motivated and able to perform routine work with attention to detail.
How to Apply:
Please send your resume and cover letter to [email protected]